What is the Lynk-Gel® Method?
The Lynk-Gel® device that uses a LED light to cure our special Lynk-Gel adhesive was tested, found safe and approved by ACGIH, IEC, ANSI, ICNIRP, IES standards in 2020.
The Lynk-Gel Method is a patented technique using a gel curing device that bonds eyelash extensions instantly with a precision Light Emitting Diode (LED) by curing a photosensitive glue. Attached to your tweezers & activated by the flick of your finger, it seamlessly cures your attachments as you work. Compressing the 24-hour cure time of conventional lash adhesive into a few seconds, the Lynk-Gel ushers in a new generation of quality and efficiency to lash extensions.
The curing device is created to work with the Lynk-Gel adhesive formulated for safe use around the eyes. The adhesive dries immediately when activated by the Lynk-Gel device.
We also offer ONLINE TRAINING!
Safe & Gentle
- The flexible bond of the Lynk-Gel® endures stronger & longer than conventional eyelash adhesive. Its superior attachments tolerate water, oils, powerful makeup removers and eye creams. With the Lynk-Gel, your clients can continue their favorite eye care routines without worry of compromising their lashes.
Safety and Comfort
- The instant cure of the Lynk-Gel® drastically reduces the fumes emitted by eyelash adhesive. With virtually no fumes, the client and lash artist experience less respiratory irritation and fewer headaches. Your clients leave their lash appointments with less red eyes and fewer tears.
- After months of research, we are proud to announce, illlumino Lynk-Gel curing device has been measured and evaluated for potentially hazardous radiant output in consideration of relevant provisions of ACGIH, IEC, ICNIRP, ANSI and IES specifications for exposure to ultraviolet, visible, and near-infrared radiation. The device was evaluated for use around the eyes and surrounding skin. These highest standards, safety protocols, and ratings we received are recognized throughout the world.
“Detectible short-ultraviolet (UV-B or UV-C) and emissions at ultraviolet wavelengths below ~360 nm were not detectable. Near-infrared energy from the LEDs and the emitted far-infrared (thermal) radiant energy is insignificant. The blue-light photochemical hazard is relevant to visible LEDs.”
“The violet LED source in the Eyelash LED device – when used by a beautician according to intended-use and consistent with labeling – emits visible-ultraviolet light that is well below current guidelines for human exposure.”
“We, therefore, conclude that the Eyelash LED does not emit optical radiation that would exceed current ocular exposure limits for bright light to either the client or using beautician who follows intended use directions when applying applicable criteria. The only remaining concern would be the potential skin reaction to a client taking photosensitizing medications.”
- We also had the Lynk-Gel adhesive analyzed for ‘formaldehyde’ in an independent third party U.S. based laboratory and the results are “not detectable”. This test is used in many applications in both laboratory and clinical science. It is a common technique used in pharmaceutical development, as it is a dependable way to obtain and ensure product purity.
- We are proud that both the Lynk-Gel device and the lash adhesive are manufactured according to the highest QA practices here in the United States.
- Lynk-Gel® is a registered trademark of illumino.
- With its LED less bright than daylight, the Lynk-Gel is fully safe to operate near the closed human eye. In fact, many clients don’t even notice when you start application! Our gel Remover assists removal with zero damage to the natural lashes.
- Never again be at the mercy of your environment. The Lynk-Gel LED cures consistently in any temperature and humidity conditions.
- The instant cure of the Lynk-Gel® glue freezes lashes as they are placed (damage-free), allowing you to create symmetrical designs with consistent lash direction. The instant cure also allows you to apply a lash immediately after working on its neighbor without worry of “stickies”.
Sign up for Lynk-Gel® training
About the Lynk-Gel
How It Works
Reserve your Lynk-Gel®
About the Lynk-Gel
- The Lynk-Gel® Method is a gel curing device that instantly bonds eyelash extensions using Lynk-Gel adhesive. The curing device attaches to your lash tweezers and aims a precise Light Emitting Diode (LED) at the base of the individual lash. Activated by the flick of your finger, it seamlessly cures the lash gel adhesive as you work. With its LED less bright than daylight, the Lynk-Gel is fully safe to operate near the closed human eye.
- The instant dry time of the Lynk-Gel makes lash extensions faster and safer for both you and your client. Compressing the 24-hour cure time for conventional lash glue into a matter of seconds, the Lynk-Gel sets a new standard of efficiency and quality for lash attachments. Reducing adhesive set time makes lash extensions become virtually fume-free, dramatically lowering the risk of irritation and watery or red eyes.
- illumino’s Lynk-Gel, when cured by the Lynk-Gel, creates a lash bond with unprecedented strength. Better retention saves your clients time coming in for fills, elevating their customer experience and increasing the value of your service.
- Our Lynk-Gel is manufactured in the U.S. and shipped chilled to maintain freshness. Its special formulation is certified safe for use in the E.U.
- The Lynk-Gel Method is patented in Japan, the United States, Vietnam, the European Union, and the United Kingdom. The device and the adhesive are manufactured in the United States.
How It Works
- The LED of the Lynk-Gel® turns on with a flick of your finger and stays on for a few seconds to cure the Lynk-Gel. The device can be removed from your lash tweezers to disinfect and sterilize.
- The adhesive shelf-life averages 60 days after opening.
- We created a gel adhesive to control the speed of polymerization of the lash adhesive. Conventional lash adhesives stay in liquid form longer. The Lynk-Gel is in a liquid state while bottled, but when activated by the Lynk-Gel device, the Lynk-Gel molecules form a strong, polymerized, cross-link network.
- The Lynk-Gel is compatible with traditional lash cleansers. Cleanse lashes well with a Disposable Cleansing Brush to remove debris before application.
- The Lynk-Gel does not break down in oil or water; however, it can still be removed with Lash Remover.
- The Lynk-Gel device will set and fully cure the Lynk-Gel adhesive in any climate and humidity. The humidity does affect, however, the frequency at which the gel dot needs to be changed (similar to conventional lash glue, higher humidity means the Lynk-Gel adhesive dries out faster in its glue ring). It is highly recommended not to use any tape under the Lynk-Gel.
Virtually No Fumes, Transforming the Client Experience
- The instant cure of the Lynk-Gel® drastically reduces the fumes emitted by eyelash adhesive. Conventional eyelash glues take 24-hour to set entirely. The Lynk-Gel glue cures instantly, relieving the client of most of the chemical exposure to the setting adhesive. With virtually no fumes, the client experiences less red eye and tearing, less irritation and fewer headaches. They often can’t even tell when you’ve begun application! Lower chemical exposure may also reduce risk of developing sensitivity to extensions over time. With no fumes and quicker dry time, there’s no need to fan or nanomist the client.
- Client Testimonial: “With the Lynk-Gel, I noticed my eyes weren’t red right after the service and the next morning I didn’t have any extra ‘sleepy crusts.’” – Nancy S., illumino lash client (Lash Enthusiast for 12 years)
- The Lynk-Gel® accelerates work for the lash artist by curing adhesive instantly. Cutting out set time, the artist can begin application of a lash immediately after working on its neighboring lash without worry of “stickies.”
- With instant cure, you can manipulate the lash right after you attach it, checking the security of the bond without worrying about undoing your work.
- Instant cure cuts application time, making your services up to fifteen minutes faster. Shorter services allow you to add more clients to your books and increase income.
- The Lynk-Gel makes your Volume application more consistent by curing your fans immediately after placement. As soon as the LED hits the fan, its base freezes while its V-shape stays spread.
Stronger, Longer Bond
- The powerful bond of the Lynk-Gel® endures longer than conventional eyelash adhesive. With better retention, you can charge more for your service, even though it takes less time overall. Seeing each client less often, you will be able to take on more clients and expand the reach of your business.
Must be a Lash Professional:
- To qualify for purchase of the Lynk-Gel®, you must be a lash professional adhering to your state or country’s licensure standards for eyelash extensions. If your state or country does not require licensure for eyelash extensions, we ask to see a lash training certificate. Esthetician or cosmetology students are not eligible.
- Because excellence and safety are our priority, the Lynk-Gel® is only available for purchase by those who have taken the Lynk-Gel Comprehensive Training. We support professionalism in our industry and take every measure to reduce product misuse.
Lynk-Gel® Comprehensive Course trains the lash artist to perform the following:
- Classic & Volume technique with the Lynk-Gel
- Speed lashing with the Lynk-Gel
- Cleansing & safely securing upper and lower eyelids for application
- Using the Lynk-Gel device and Lynk-Gel adhesive in conjunction to attach ten lash extensions per eye (either Classic or Volume by student choice)
- Seamless adhesive (Lynk-Gel) attachments & product maintenance
- Safe removal in two ways
- Wrapping theory & method
- Client consent & after-care forms
- Sign up for Lynk-Gel Comprehensive Training here
illumino provides everything you need for the full benefits of the training, including:
- Lynk-Gel device
- Lynk-Gel adhesive
- Cleansing kit
- Massage bed
- The artist brings their own lash model and all lash supplies of their choice (including lashes and tweezers).
- If you are itnerested in taking our training but do not see course dates listed for your city, consider hosting our class! To inquire about hosting, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The world’s first LED-curable eyelash adhesive for stronger, faster, safer lashes.
- Cures in 5 seconds when activated by Lynk-Gel® device
- Extremely low vapor
- Specially formulated for use around eyes
- Creates lash retention up to 25% longer than conventional adhesive
- We had the Lynk-Gel adhesive analyzed for ‘formaldehyde’ in an independent third party U.S. based laboratory and the results are “not detectable”. This test is used in many applications in both laboratory and clinical science. It is a common technique used in pharmaceutical development, as it is a dependable way to obtain and ensure product purity.
- Caution: Contains cyanoacrylate. If eye contact occurs, flush immediately with water. See physician at once. Bonds to skin instantly. If fingers or skin bonds, do not pull apart. Gently peel apart skin using oil, acetone or nail polish remover. Never place lash remover, oil, acetone, or nail polish remover in the eyes. Avoid contact with fabrics as heat may occur. Always avoid direct contact on the skin and eyes and use in a well-ventilated area. Do not take internally. Skin contact may cause burns. May cause delayed irritation and skin sensitization.
- Handling and storage: Store bottle closed and tightly sealed in an airtight container. Keep upright at below 45°F (7.22°C), never freeze. Avoid heat, open flames, high humidity, high temperatures or direct sunlight.
- Ingredients: Ethyl cyanoacrylate, Polymethyl methacrylate, Bis-Trimethylbenzoyl Phenylphosphine OxideÂ
- Removal: Only use approved illumino® lash remover for lash extension removal. Never make skin contact with the lash remover and Lynk-Gel.
- Shelf life: Discard use after 45 days of opening. High humidity, high temperatures, and not storing properly sealed and cold may decrease shelf life.
- Eye irritant. Keep out of reach of children.
Reserve your Lynk-Gel
The Lynk-Gel® is only available for purchase by professionals adhering to their state or country’s licensure standards for eyelash extensions. Because quality and safety are our priority, purchase is only available to professionals who have taken our Lynk-Gel® Comprehensive Course.
What is the Lynk-Gel® device?
The Lynk-Gel device is a patented gel curing device that bonds eyelash extensions instantly with a precision Light Emitting Diode (LED).
What is Lynk-Gel® glue?
Lynk-Gel glue is a gel adhesive formulated for safe use around the eyes. It contains cyanoacrylate and photoinitiators so that it dries immediately when activated by the Lynk-Gel device.
What is the Lynk-Gel® Method?
The Lynk-Gel Method is a patented technique for safe & strong application of eyelash extensions using an LED device and gel adhesive.
I’m allergic to cyanoacrylate; will Lynk-Gel® work for me?
We do not recommend Lynk-Gel lashes to anyone with a cyanoacrylate allergy. In addition to photoinitiators, the Lynk-Gel formula contains cyanoacrylate. While the instant cure allows for radically less vapors to be emitted, some exposure may still occur.
How come some people who are allergic to conventional lash glues still can wear Lynk-Gel® lashes?
We have about a 50% success rate with clients who had previous allergies or sensitivity to traditional lash glues. One reason is that in some cases, the clients are not allergic to the cyanoacrylate but to the stabilizers in the glue. The Lynk-Gel only has three ingredients that lessen the chance of an allergic reaction.
How much better is Lynk-Gel® retention than that of conventional extensions?
Lynk-Gel retention is 20-25% longer than conventional extension retention.
How often do my clients need to come in for fills?
Clients can continue their normal fill schedule, due to healthy shedding of natural lashes. You may also need to remove more outgrowth, as Lynk-Gel retention is generally two to three weeks longer than that of conventional lash extensions.
What makes Lynk-Gel® attachments stronger and last longer?
Conventional cyanoacrylate adhesives slowly dissolve when exposed to heat or water; Lynk-Gel cured lashes, however, produce a more flexible, stable bond that can withstand heat and water better than the conventional lash adhesive.
What makes Lynk-Gel® glue cure faster than conventional lash adhesive?
Lynk-Gel glue contains photoinitiator chemicals that react with the LED attached to the Lynk-Gel, creating an instant cure.
Is the LED safe?
Yes. The light emitted by the Lynk-Gel has a much lower radiance than sunlight.
Can I use nail gel with the Lynk-Gel®?
No. The Lynk-Gel is a special adhesive formula safe to use with the Lynk-Gel for eyelash extensions. It is designed to cure at a light frequency similar to daylight.
Can I use my own lash glue with the Lynk-Gel® LED?
No, the Lynk-Gel only activates LED-curable adhesives, such as our Lynk-Gel. The Lynk-Gel device has only been tested for use specifically with the Lynk-Gel adhesive.
Can I get my lashes wet immediately after Lynk-Gel® application?
Yes, Lynk-Gel-bonded lashes are waterproof.
Can I use my own lash extensions with the Lynk-Gel® Method?
Yes, the Lynk-Gel is compatible with all conventional eyelash extensions in both Classic and Volume methods.
Does the weight of the Lynk-Gel® strain the lash artist’s hand?
If isolating properly (tweezer base resting on the brow bone and tweezer feet on eye pads), the Lynk-Gel should not cause hand strain. The device is lightweight (50 grams) and its weight is evenly distributed across the isolation tweezer.
Can I increase my service prices using the Lynk-Gel®?
Yes, the Lynk-Gel improves lash retention, increasing the value of your service.
Can I use mascara and makeup remover with Lynk-Gel®-bonded lashes?
Yes, but we recommend you use a gentle eye cleanser daily to keep your lashes clean.
How do you remove grown out Lynk-Gel® lashes? Can Lynk-Gel®-bonded lashes be removed at any time?
You can remove Lynk-Gel lashes at any time using either by using the pop-and-peel method or applying Gel Remover with Tweezer Tip-Mops. Our training covers removal extensively.
Do I need to be trained & certified to use the Lynk-Gel®?
Yes. Because excellence and safety are our priority, the Lynk-Gel is only available for purchase to American candidates who adhere to their state board requirements for eyelash extensions and have passed the Lynk-Gel Comprehensive Training. For international candidates, we require a lash training certificate rather than state board licensure, in addition to passing our Comprehensive Training. We support professionalism in our industry and take every measure to reduce product misuse.
What are the temperature and humidity requirements?
None. The Lynk-Gel will set and fully cure the Lynk-Gel in any climate and humidity. The humidity does affect, however, the frequency at which the gel dot needs to be changed (similar to conventional lash glue, higher humidity means the Lynk-Gel dries out faster in its glue ring). It is highly recommended not to use any paper tapes under the Lynk-Gel.
Can the Lynk-Gel® adhesive be used without the light?
The Lynk-Gel adhesive contains cyanoacrylate and will therefore slowly dry without an LED. This drying is slower than conventional lash adhesive and without the instant cure of the LED, the adhesive does not have the benefits of reduced vapors or increased control.
Why make a gel adhesive?
Conventional lash adhesives stay in liquid form longer. The Lynk-Gel is in a liquid state while bottled, but when activated, its molecules form a strong, polymerized, cross-link network. The formula was developed to control when polymerization happens and the speed of drying without spiking heat (as takes places with nail gel curing). Unlike off-the-shelf nail gels, the Lynk-Gel is a cyanoacrylate-based LED curable.
Is the Lynk-Gel® completely cured after the light hits the gel, or does it need further dry time after the LED cure?
Yes, the Lynk-Gel dries completely when exposed to the LED. Conventional cyanoacrylate adhesives take time to dry, slowly evaporating and emitting vapors. These vapors cause irritation.
What makes the Lynk-Gel® application faster than conventional?
The instant cure of the Lynk-Gel allows you to work on lashes side-by-side without worry of stickies. With the adhesive fully polymerized in a few seconds, the lash artist doesn’t need to wait for drying to begin working around the lash.
Why is the training only one day?
This training is for experienced lash professionals — it does not provide an introduction to eyelash extensions, but rather thorough coverage of how to use the Lynk-Gel on live models.
When was this product developed?
The product has been in development since 2012. The Lynk-Gel is made in the USA with globally sourced materials.
Does illumino train internationally?
At this time our trainings are those listed on the training sign-up page of our website. We are likely to add more dates and locations in the next six to nine months.
Can I bring a translator to the training?
Yes, you may bring a translator at no additional charge.
Can I get insurance for Lynk-Gel®?
Yes! ASCP offers insurance that covers using the Lynk-Gel Method. The LED most facial treatment devices use in beauty salons are legal and can be insured up to 15 Joules. The Lynk-Gel only uses .02 Joules. Please visit: https://www.ascpskincare.com/illuminolashes